The Kentucky Prescribed Fire Council consists of state and federal agencies, conservation organizations, universities, contractors, and private individuals who promote the safe and beneficial use of controlled burning as a land management tool. Memberships are open to anyone interested in using fire to manage land in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Check out our YouTube channel for testimonials from land owners, seed producers, and practitioners.
Our Mission is to promote the understanding and enhance collaboration for the use of ecologically based prescribed fire in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
What we do:
- Protect and advance the used of controlled burning to managed our lands
- Coordinate and exchange information related to controlled burning
- Promote the safe use of controlled burning through training
- Promote public awareness on benefits of controlled burning
- Advance cooperation among all parties in Kentucky directly or indirectly involved with the use of controlled burning
- Share information obtained through research and monitoring
2016 Joint Meeting of the Kentucky and Tennessee Prescribed Fire Councils
July 12-13, 2016
Fort Campbell Military Base
6633 Sportsman's Lane Rd.
Fort Campbell, KY
See registration & agenda documents (*.doc & *.pdf) below.
Contact Danna Baxley if you have questions about registration
502-564-7109 x 4521
- Check out our new Prescribed Fire Pamphlet!
- The KPFC Prescribed Fire Portal is now up and running!